CAM / Process Engineer
The JHU/APL PCB Fabrication team is seeking a Computer Aided Manufacturing Engineer to support front-end data processing of APL manufactured hardware. You will directly contribute to hardware fabrication in support of National Security, Military Readiness, Space Exploration, National Health, and Research related to fundamental scientific advancement. This position includes a variable mix of core CAM work scope with additional opportunities for hands-on support such as bare board electrical testing, laser drilling, and mechanical CNC drilling and routing.
1. Computer Aided Manufacturing for rigid PCB, rigid-flex, and flexible circuits
- Perform design checks, panel layout, coupon generation, file generation, stackups
- Support manufacturability reviews with internal APL engineers (customers)
- Generate work travelers
- Communicate status to supervisors and internal customers
2. Support transition of software tools (Genesis 2000 to InCAM Pro)
- Edit design rules checks and generate automation scripts
- Develop new ideas to further the technical progress of our product
- Develop CAM area through continuous improvement initiatives
3. Interface and inform APL Engineers on PCB design for manufacturing guidelines
4. Operate bare board electrical tester
5. Backup operator for CNC drilling, routing, laser drilling (on-site training)
For more details and to apply: http://www.jhuapl.edu/careers and search for CAM.